The laboratory has a great deal of formulation and analytical chemistry experience together with the associated equipment which is applied for characterising chemicals and materials:-
The laboratory provides a range of bench based analytical services, some of which have been ISO17025 (UKAS) accredited:-
- Titration and titrimetric techniques
- Digestion techniques, such as acid digestion of metals, or bespoke ones designed to separate out specific chemical states or compounds.
- Moisture or water content by Karl Fischer
- Solvent extraction, separation and extraction of organics for FTIR identification.
- Carbon contents of steels etc. can be measured using a furnace/non aqueous titration technique.
These methods are often used in conjunction with the diverse analytical instrumentation at the laboratory:- AAS, XRF, FTIR, HPLC, GC, UV / Vis, TGA, SEM/ EDX, XPS, SIMS and AES.
- Extensive range of laboratory, sample treatment, process modelling and sample preparation facilities are available in our laboratories:-
Particle Size Analysis
- Particle sizes of powders separated using vibration sieve sizing.
- Particle size and size distribution measurement by Sedigraph sedimantation techniques.
- Particle analysis by Optical microscopy, SEM and Image Analysis.
- Analysis of atmospheres for organic, inorganic and particulate materials.
Vacuum Leak Detection
- Leak testing of vacuum equipment – Edwards High Vacuum Leak Tester.
- Detection of water, oxygen and analysis of gas mixtures.