Our XPS Capabilities
XPS is a technique that can measure the elemental composition, atomic concentrations and chemical states of elements present at a samples surface up to a depth of 5nm. The XPS instrument at LPD Lab Services is detailed below:-
XPS Instrument - VG Scientific ESCALAB 200-D:
Thermo VG Scientific http://www.vgscientific.com
- Twin anode X-ray source (AlKα and MgKα).
- 5 channeltron hemispherical sector analyser (HSA).
- Aperture system for small area XPS.
- EX05 Inert gas ion source for sample cleaning and sputter depth profiling.
- Optical camera alignment of samples.
- Multiple sample loading on extended sample stubs.
- Turbomolecular pumped fast entry air lock for rapid sample loading.
- 4 Axis stage with sample heating and cooling options.
Our site expert on XPS is Dr Stephen Jenkins.